- Ditch the healthy eating and have minute steaks and eggs for breakfast.
- Go and eat out at places that we know they would hate i.e. places where one would NEVER see a kid.
- Feel free to have an extra glass (or three) of wine.
- Stay up WAY TOO LATE watching movies and series
- NOT clean the house. Because it actually stays clean.
- ENJOY the silence.
- Listen to music AFTER their supposed bedtime.
- Have an impromptu braai and sit around the fire WAY past bedtime.
- Ditch the routine.
- Read for nearly two hours at night.
- Smoke cigars
- Don’t cook. Because really, a decent ham, avo, tomato and cheese sandwich is just perfect with a glass of wine.
- Stop for a Wimpy coffee at the crack of dawn before work.
- Make a conscious effort to NOT talk about them. It’s soooo easy to forget what YOUR dreams and goals are because the kids just take soooo much time and energy and money and EVERYTHING seems to revolve around them even if it is not your intention. Talk about OTHER stuff.
- Take LONGER baths.
What kind of pleasurable stuff do you do when your kids are not around? I’m talking stuff that you normally forgo because of the routine and so on? How was your Hump Day?
Am signing off now because my DH is waiting for me. We have a couch date!