Well. Hello there.
Cape Town is HOT and sticky.
My DH and I had a yoga followed by a forest braai date scheduled for today but we ended up cancelling because he has the ManFlu. I went to get stuff for him at the pharmacy this morning and insisted that the pharmacist give ONLY medication that will knock him out all day. I wanted to take the kids for a swim but they were just lazing about and entertaining themselves and so we ended up staying home and just being lazy bums in the heat.
Anyway. Some randoms.
1. I treated myself to a Wimpy coffee yesterday morning and while I was there (I was reading btw…) I ended up eavesdropping the conversation taking place at the table next to me. There were 3 women and a guy at this table. Gosh, they were all soooo attractive! Just like those beautiful Cullens from Forks. The one girl was talking about the first time she fell in love. With another girl. I found her story beautiful and painful at the same time. Her parents still don’t know that she is gay and it’s been nearly 5 years. I hope and pray that my sons will never feel that they have to hide who they are from me.
2. January is done and dusted. To be honest, I can’t really remember the epic stuff that happened to me in January. Either because nothing epic took place (for me specifically) or because the heat is affecting my memory. Have I mentioned that I’m ready to move to a cold place?
3. I have been spending A LOT less time online. This means that I get time to knit and watch mindless TV and read AND go to bed early. I am a natural-born night owl and it really isn’t easy for me to go to bed early. But. I force myself because I KNOW that if I get my full 8 hours then I’ll perform optimally the next day.
4. I’m looking for a hotel holiday. One that includes meals. One where I won’t pay the earth. I remember as a kid going with my parents on this type of holiday. As far as I remember kids under 12 were always FREE! Do these kinds of deals still exist or am I living in the dark ages? I don’t want to go too far i.e. not more than 2.5 hours of driving and I want to go during winter for 3 to 4 days. Any ideas?
5. I watched 3rd Degree two weeks ago for the first time in YEARS! IT was the show where they exposed a cold storage facility for labeling pork products and selling it as halaal meat. I found Deborah Patta to be very rude. I watched the follow-up to the show this past Tuesday. Oh my goodness. The person that she was interviewing wasn’t exactly the best person for that particular job but seriously. This woman is rude and common! She keeps interrupting the people that she interviews and I find it so annoying! It’s like she’s trying to provoke a reaction. Am done watching her now.
6. My running club didn’t work out. Logistically it was proving to be a bit of a nightmare. Nevertheless, I found a different running club closer to home. This suits my life a lot better. I do have to pay a monthly fee though and for the moment I’m prepared to do it.
7. I actually left home at 20:00pm this evening to do grocery shopping. I went alone and it was beautiful. Much cooler weather and I was home by 21:20. I really should do this more often.
Tomorrow I am taking the kids to church nice and early so we can be home by 10am (it’s going to be 37 degrees!) and I’m going to Dewaal Park in the afternoon for another free concert. Am rather looking forward to it.
What’s your weekend been like? What do you have planned for tomorrow?