Well, hello there.
I had a busy day today. SARS, OT, dentist and one or two other errands. Our Cape Town weather is confusing and we are literally experiencing four seasons in one day. I’m not exactly envious of the JHB weather at the moment so it’s fine. Anyway. Some random updates.
- My life at SARS is mostly sorted. I spent nearly two hours there this morning and it turns out that they actually owe ME money, not the other way around. I have to take some more documents to them to finalise but I am rather chuffed that I will be able to buy a washing machine soon. Isn’t that just fabulous?
- After SARS, I went for breakfast at the Food Lovers Market which was OK. Rather noisy but I did enjoy eating by myself and reading my paper. When last did you eat out alone?
- I had planned to go and browse in a bookshop but decided to do some errands instead. After this I went for a lunch time appointment with the OT to talk about her findings of the assessment that she had with Child2 last week. She served up a main meal of SID/SPD along with a side salad of other developmental issues related to Vestibular and Proprioception or something like that. Am waiting for a report so I can explain it better to my DH who can never seem to get off work to for these things. I felt OK but typing that up but seeing now makes me feel a bit flat. OR something. I will blog about it once I feel ready to share some more.
- I also ran into the dentists rooms for a prescription for AB’s because I can feel my abscess flaring up. I really need to get those wisdom teeth removed. Was going to postpone it to next year but I suspect I may have to do it a lot sooner. How much time would I realistically need to take off work to recover from this?
- I had planned to have a solo movie experience but then I no longer felt like it. So I came home and wrote in my journal. I’m doing a journaling challenge from this blog. Instead of journaling in the comments section like I am supposed to be doing,I am doing it the old fashion way where you actually write in a blank book. I’m finding it to be quite therapeutic. When last did you write manual entries in a journal? (and I’m not talking about a blog post)
- I am LOVING the “SICK SICK SICK song from local artist Chiano Sky at the moment. I just think that it has the sexiest sound to it. If you click that link you can play the song – am too lazy to figure out how to upload a YouTube clip. What is your current favourite song?
- Anyway, am off to bed now to get in some reading. How was your Thursday?
- I took Child 2 for an OT assessment yesterday. He had so much fun! Apparently I now need to buy him a trampoline. Have to go back to her on Friday to talk about what happened and to discuss the way forward.
- With all the crafting that I’ve been doing I have completely neglected to keep up with my admin. I am very behind and need to sort out a few things this week. Have made a list and started doing some stuff today.
- I finally went out and bought myself a laminating machine on Saturday and have done practice laminating for everything A4 in sight! Have many, many plans with this. Will blog some projects soon!
- The tech finally came around to fix my washing machine. He told me to rather buy a new one because there are two things wrong and it is going to cost me at least R1500 to fix. You cannot possibly believe how much this annoys me. I did get a new microwave though. My sister gave me her 3month old LG because she has an alternative solution in place for herself. That makes me happy. Btw…did I mention that my washing machine, microwave and TV all conked in within the space of 2 weeks? Honestly, they just don’t manufacture things the way they used to.
- Marcia wrote a post a few days ago about perspective and it has been on my mind quite a bit. Co-incidentally I have made many observations this past week about the people I follow on Twitter. Many of them live in a bubble and have no idea what it’s like to be poor. Or hungry. Or heaven forbid, to live without a Domestic Worker. Or to not have money to pay basic for basic things like bread. They don’t know that R20 is not enough for bread AND milk. They don’t know that many poor people no longer eat meat and have to put soup bones in their curry. Also, they laugh at and trivialize things which make them uncomfortable. Sometimes I want to respond to them but I don’t because I really don’t need that kind of online drama in my life. So I ignore, seethe a bit and eventually (maybe/possibly/if necessary) click on the unfollow button. I am a rather pathetic wallflower when I really shouldn’t be. And on this note, I stumbled on a blog the other day (don’t you just love when that happens?) where the author took up a challenge to live on R12 per day for a couple of days. She wrote a few posts about her experience, bearing in mind that the R12 was only for food and excluded things like electricity and transport. Seriously people. Be grateful for what you have because let me tell you this much: If you are connected into the internet and can click on my blog to read this post then you are SUPER WEALTHY compared to some people in SA.
- One of my colleagues quit her job the other day. She has nothing lined up and has no idea what she will be doing. She says that she is not paid enough to be our employers b*itch – her words, not mine. I am envious of her and the fact that she has the courage which I obviously lack. I wish that I had the faith in myself that she has. I once did the same thing and just quit without having something lined up so I know that I have it in me. I am just not so sure I can do it now. How does one even begin to get courage? Where do you even start?
- I’m busy rereading The Happiness Project. There is so much that I could say about this book (have gained MUCH insight)but I just can’t formulate anything coherent about it. Has that ever happened to you?
- I got the book that I was referring to in this post. Have blocked off some time this weekend so I can get into it. Will DEFINITELY blog about it once I’m done reading it.
- My job is making me VERY unhappy. Do you have any idea how horrible it is to be unhappy for at least 7 hours of your day? I battle to focus and the little things just seem so hard! I know what needs to be done. I need to get my A into G and knuckle down with the job hunting but I just feel so stuck. And the thought of going for interviews is filling me with panic and utter dread. Seriously. Where to start?
- I went for a session of yoga on Friday. It was BEAUTIFUL. I even cried! Will blog about yoga tomorrow.
So….how was your Tuesday?