This will be a quick post because I need to get into bed with dear Rose.
- Day 1 went well. Obviously Child1 didn’t care much about anything (apparently the hype is boring or whatever) but Child2 was in his element and soooo excited. However when we arrived at school he went quiet. I think he was a bit frazzled by all the noise and all these new kids who were crying. We went to hang up his bag and when he saw that his hook had been moved, he refused to hang up his bag! He then left me to go and play. With his bag on his back. He was EXHAUSTED when I fetched him and fell asleep in the car on the way home. He has been sleeping ever since. Am going to have to wake him to take a bath which does not bode well for our morning routine. Anyway. We’ll be fine.
- As I said, routine is mostly back. So far so good. And I am in my element because I LOVE covering books!
- I started drumming lessons last week. Apparently (according to my teacher) I am going to be AWESOME at it. Because I am a natural or something. I have to agree (please don’t mind me being just a little bit vain!) and I have to admit that I LOVED it!
- I was going to start running this week. But then I was still feeling a bit sick. Definitely next week though. I would start this coming Saturday but I am going to be a Single Married Mom this weekend (my DH is going on a work thing) and have zero desire to drive my kids to a babysitter at 6am. I ALSO have zero desire to run with both of them. Child2 would NEVER let me hear the end of it.
- It looks like my February is going to be BUSY! I have socials on EVERY weekend (except for the weekend of 16/17 Feb which I’m keeping clear for my own sanity) and I haven’t even set up any friend dates yet! It’s also the month of Sugar Man which leaves me VERY excited.
- Must say that, compared to last year this time, I seem to be coping just fine with the heat. Sitting in an air-conditioned office all day helps. As does going for a swim on the weekends. As does cleaning the house when the kids are in bed and it is way cooler. I DO hope it doesn’t get any hotter though because that would surely kill me! How are you coping with the summer weather?
How are you? And how was your hump day?