Well, hello there, it’s been a while. There’s lots going on in my life at the moment – some of which is driving me nuts and some of which is just fantastic. Have been feeling a bit on the blue side though and so very exhausted. Anyway, a few updates:
- There is a person in my life who has made certain decisions without consulting the family. This person knows why they did what they did (person is devious and knew that the family would oppose this thing) and quite honestly I am just really annoyed at the moment, mainly because this persons actions has consequences that directly affect me and my family. Apparently I must now just fall in and deal with the consequences and help this person out of their mess – it’s quite an expensive exercise too! There is a fair bit of emotional blackmail involved which doesn’t affect me (I can step outside of the situation and see it for what it is) but it DOES affect my DH. Really, it’s one of those Rock/Hard place kind of situations. I can’t say any more on the blog but if you like REALLY want to know then mention it in the comments and I’ll send you a mail. Seriously though. Sometimes much as I love my family, I DO WISH that I could choose them. Do you ever feel like that?
- I REALLY enjoyed writing about ADD/ADHD. I’m done for now even though my 31 days is not – I have a few more written up – I’ll see when I feel like publishing them. I do feel that I should have trusted my initial instincts to put those posts on a different blog and maybe I will do that. Am thinking of starting a blog specifically for writing (and maybe photo) challenges. I’ll let you know when it’s up.
- Remember I spoke about Child2’s school pics here? Well. His pics turned out BEAUTIFULLY and I’m sooooo happy. For the first time EVER I’ll be paying for “non-crying” pics. He didn’t wear the clothes that I packed in for him and wore his “spare clothing” set instead. But it’s all good. Because he is NOT CRYING IN HIS PICS! Do you know how BIG this is for us? Every single image is just a perfect reflection of his personality. I could only choose one image for printing purposes but I emailed the photographer to send me all the images because really, I don’t know when I’m going to get this child to pose by himself again. Photographer said YES, and that he would touch base with me in next week – said he would sell them to me at a minimal cost. Isn’t he lovely?
- Lately I have been doing a lot of the “Mark as read” action in GR (specifically on craft and photo and inspiration blogs as well as the ones where I DON’T ever comment) and I am tempted to delete ALL the blogs in my reader and start from scratch. It should be an easy thing to do but the thought of doing something like this fills me with panic. Have you ever deleted all the blogs out of your google reader and started over?
- Child1 starts exams later this week. I am working him HARD HARD HARD. He’s not that impressed. Quite honestly, his feelings about this particular subject i.e. exams do not interest me in the least. I told him that sometimes life sucks and that we need to do things that we don’t like in order to accomplish a specific goal which in his case = pass grade 6 and proceed to grade 7.
- Child2 seems to have developed allergies. He has eczema which doesn’t flare up any longer because I spent LOTs of time and money finding a solution for his skin. Lately though, he has swollen, watery eyes at least twice a week – I notice that it mostly flares up when we’ve been outside and when it’s windy. I’m giving him an antihistamine and I got allergy drops at the pharmacy the other day – I also do a warm compress on the eye area which (predictably) he can’t stand. Do I just continue to give this as and when needed? At what point do I go to a Dr? btw…putting drops in a child’s eyes is not for the faint hearted. I never have any problems administering medication because Child2 LOVES taking medicine. Any kind of fiddling (i.e. applying drops) with eyes and ears and nose is NOT FUN and he makes that VERY CLEAR.
- I am a bit frustrated with EVERYTHING that seems to be broken in my house. My washing machine. Again. Our stove (and the oven just continues to burn everything in the space of 5 minutes), my piano keyboard, my computer. I took the computer in for repairs and the guy (he’s Chinese) refused to deal with me – he preferred to deal with my DH. Is that Chinese culture? I was initially perturbed by the whole thing but quite honestly it’s fine – he has a VERY heavy accent and I couldn’t understand him anyway. Somehow my DH understands him perfectly and doesn’t need to say “pardon me, I didn’t get that”.
- I had a severe case of the FOMO last week and even counting my blessings and being grateful just wasn’t enough. Sometimes life just sucks already. Do you get the occasional FOMO? I was thinking that I really can be doing so much to elevate ME but I am seriously lacking so much confidence in myself. Every single one of my issues stems from this. Where does that even come from?
- I was impulsive though and I bought tickets to see Rodriguez next year. Being impulsive is an awesome cure (or rather an aid) for FOMO. My DH and I are also going to 80s Rewind later this week. Am rather excited actually.
- I made a long, long, long to-do list –( I think it may be the longest one that I made all year) of stuff to do before December. I’ve decided that, seeing that it’s a crazy busy time of year, there will be no more socialising after November because really, I am here all year and can’t be rushing around like that. I really don’t want to be overwhelmed at the end of this year.
How are things with you? Seems like we haven’t spoken in so long! What’s happening in your life? Did you have a good Tuesday?