1. My computer is finished. Klaar. Kaput. This makes me feel all kinds of things and it feels like I’m going through the 5 stages of grief. I’ve been through the denial phase for the longest time. Then came bargaining. Right now I’m alternating between the VERY angry or the depressed phase. Hopefully I’ll come to acceptance soon and accept it for what it is – I should probably buy a new one. This fills me with dread – I REALLY don’t have extra money for this kind of purchase. For the moment I am using my DH’s junk computer.
2. Child2 apparently coped really well with photo day last week and for the first time ever I am really excited to see his pics! At least I know that they are not crying pics. That right there is a HUGE milestone.
3.I informed the Sensei last week that Child1 wouldn’t be back for Judo this term. Well, he insisted that I send Child1 to chat to him. Don’t know what he said but Child1 is all fired up and excited about Judo again and so it’s back on.
4. Have you ever had an idea in your head that you can’t find on Pinterest? And then you lack the confidence to just wing it? Well, that is me at the moment. I want to make something that I’m seeing in my head but I don’t know what one would call this thing and I can’t find it. Guess I’ll have to close my eyes and just do it already.
5. I had a bit of a disappointment this past weekend with someone who I love dearly. Our relationship is going to be different from now on because I’ve had to put a particular boundary in place. It’s painful but if I’m to nurture my emotional well-being then it needs to happen.
6. I discovered the Little Black Dress Company this weekend. How have I never known about them before? They have styles for all shapes and go up to a size 42! I am so excited. I have a wedding happening at the end of the year – guess where I’ll be buying an outfit?
7. Child1 asked me for a kindle for his 13th birthday which is in AUGUST next year – I think it’s a sensible age to give that type of gift. However I am soooo excited and want to buy it for him before then. I’ll see how the money works out and then I will MAYBE buy him a basic one for Christmas. I have seen some Groupon deals for the basic kindle – I do need to look around a bit. My DH says NO, let him wait. That one likes to be a spoilsport.
8. I’m redoing my money spreadsheet because my DH is taking on some of my stuff. Isn’t that fantastic? It means that I’ll have some cash flow! I’m totally buying more lip gloss – my latest favourite is Rimmel’s Golden Goddess. Or sunscreen? Maybe I’ll save it. Who knows.
9. You know when you see a gap to buy someone something cute and practical that you just KNOW they will like? And then you plan and budget accordingly so that you can buy it (or make it) within a week or just as soon as you get paid next week or whatever? Then you find out that they’ve actually already bought this thing for themselves? Now THAT. I am sitting with three gifts that I bought for people who have already bought it for themselves. I don’t quite know what to say. Just that it irritates me a bit. It’s nobody’s fault. But it does annoy me. And I know that I can give it to someone else, but when I see something then I see ONLY THAT PERSON that I intended it for. Feels a bit wrong to give it to someone else. So I end up keeping it and adding MORE clutter to my home.
10.I am due for an upgrade in 6 weeks time. Please tell me in the comments which phone you are currently using – ESPECIALLY if you are using an iphone or any type of android phone? Am going to mail you some questions to help me make up my mind. OK?