1. I am giving up the crochet for now. Will try again in the new year. Am moving on so long. To embroidery. In fact, I have prepared materials for a small project already and I’ve been googling stitches non-stop. Am rather excited actually!
2. I booked and paid for our camping holiday today. After all that googling and phoning around and back and forth business, I ended up booking at the same place that we went to last year. My DH says that when you camp, you go to a place twice. The first time is to check it out and see what the set- up is and the next time you are meant to enjoy it more because then you know EXACTLY what to expect. He’s not wrong, but I would have liked a different place – I guess this will have to happen next year – I do need to book in June though because it seems like Capetonians are serious about December camping. In the end, it ended up being easier to just book at the same place. So I did. Now to start planning!
3. Also, I have slowly started to buy/design/make cutesy little gifts. I’ll decide later who they will go to. I should make a proper gift list, yes? Maybe tomorrow.
4. I have to say that this week has been a complete killer. In the emotional sense. Really, I hope that it gets better because I do not want to have another December like I had last year.
5. My allergies are up the pole and it seems like nothing helps anymore. I’ve emailed our GP because a colleague told me that there is an allergy injection that one can get in the Drs rooms. Child1 and I WILL be going.
6. Child1 told me yesterday that he really doesn’t want to do Judo anymore. He has been making noises about giving it up for some weeks now but I’ve kind of ignored him. I told him that if he was serious, then it was OK (luckily I didn’t pay for this term yet) and that he needed to replace it with something else that is offered AT SCHOOL. He told me that he isn’t sure what he wants to do. So I told him that it’s fine, it is the last term and a very busy one at that so I will allow him to get away with not doing anything extramural for the next few weeks. Am a bit sad that he no longer enjoys it. He was REALLY good at it and it’s the first extramural that he didn’t get bored of after 1 week. January 2013 would have been his 3rd year doing it. Having said that, it DOES make the end of year business slightly less chaotic.
7. Child2’s school had their photo day today. I haven’t paid for school photographs for Child2 for the past two years. He’s the kid who used to come home with crying pics and I refused to be spending money on those. This year I contemplated leaving it once again but then I figured that he was a lot more mature, he’d come a long way AND his beloved Sheila would be there for him. I did a few practice shots with him at the weekend (just to see) and he even posed and smiled for me. So I sent the notice and the money to school on Monday.
Well, this morning I put out a really nice outfit for him – you know, so he doesn’t look like a street kid on the pics. Of course he wasn’t going to wear what I chose for him. So I allowed him to wear what he wanted (i.e. every day grey and white striped hoodie with pyjama pants and cars t-shirt and takkies) and I packed in his photo outfit with a note for Sheila because really, I was NOT going to start my morning with a clothing fight. Oh and when we arrived at school all the kids were sooooo nicely dressed. Even brought their teddies and things along to pose with them in their pics. Only my kid looked like he slept under a bridge in Lansdowne. I tried not to twitch. MY DH assured me that even if he looks like a street-kid on his pics it’s STILL an achievement and a proper milestone if we get proper smiley pics and not crying pics. I’ll try to remember that.
Anyway, that’s it for today and the weekly update. Looks like I’m going to have a really busy weekend. Have to run, wash hair and do nails, attend two socials on Saturday and on Sunday I’m running in the morning followed by another thing with my DH and kids after that. What does your weekend look like? Best I clean up and do ALL the laundry by tomorrow evening.
BTW…I am really enjoying the process of writing about ADD/ADHD. Would LOVE some comments on those posts now and again? Please? There are going to be 5 posts on the weekend because I need to catch up – I REALLY want to be done on 31/10.