1. I went to fetch Child1 last night because he was soooo homesick and very lonely. None of the cousins are at MIL this holiday and I felt really bad for him. So I caved. He went to holiday club today and had in his words “the best time EVER mommy!”. I’ll send him again tomorrow. He is THRILLED. Btw…he got a really good report last term and increased his scores in ALL the subjects – seems like I need to continue to be the mean Mommy and work him HARD.
2. This evening, I made him go through all his stationery and books and the summer uniform and I made lists of what he needs. Am going to the uniform shop tomorrow during lunch time and after work I will quickly go and get whatever other stationery both of them need.
3. I am really enjoying running again and I can now do 6km WITHOUT STOPPING TO WALK! Isn’t that awesome? I think it may be time to enter some races again and to start to work towards 10km without walking?
4. I toyed around this week of doing my 31 days of writing challenge on a different blog. The plan was to do all these types of challenges – maybe even photo ones on that one. It just seems like so much work to manage two blogs though. So, I’m going to just do it on this blog. I’m going to schedule those posts for the morning and I’ll do a regular blog posting when I get home from work.
5. I am on the verge of booking our December holiday – just need to finalise one or two things. It’s going to be a camping holiday (we want to go the week before Christmas) and we’ll either go to a place in Citrusdal or Theewaterskloof. I must admit, I am a bit nervous. I have only THREE proper requirements for a camping holiday – electricity, flush toilets and no wild animals roaming around my tent – they need to be locked up in a cage or whatever. I have never ever gone on any form of holiday during the summer to a place where there is no beach. The places that I’ve been looking at only have dams and rivers for swimming and canoeing etc. I think we’ll be fine though but I will miss that ocean smell when I wake up.
6. I had a much better morning with Child2 today. However, I had to leave work early because I got a call from school to say that he seems to have picked up a stomach bug. He was VERY pap when I fetched him and I’m giving him rehydrate and some dry toast in the meantime. Poor kid has been sleeping since 6pm.
How was your Thursday and how are you?