I do love me a blog award – it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and it ABSOLUTELY fills my love tank. Thank you to Louisa, Sharon and Tam for awarding this to me. Gosh, Louisa and Shaz said the loveliest things about me. I was sitting in my office at my desk and smiling at my screen. Am sure my colleagues thought that I was losing it. But anyway.
My 7 things:
1. I can’t eat off paper plates (or even Styrofoam and newspaper etc) because it grosses me out. I am usually the person at a picnic who brings my own glass plate along. I am also the person that will transfer my takeaway meal into a glass plate instead of eating out of the box which is why you’ll never find me sitting in a McDonalds or a KFC where they don’t serve things in plates. I also can’t stand plastic utensils and especially plastic forks and spoons. If I really need to then I manage to eat off a plastic plate and drink out of a plastic cup (I’ve had to train myself to do this) but that’s it. ONLY if I’m invited somewhere. I think it would be rude to bring my own plate to kids parties so I don’t. But I wish I could.
2. I passed my driving test only on the 3rd attempt. It was the first time that I ever failed at anything in my life and I was devastated and so embarrassed. Thank the anti-crime gods that I passed on attempt number 3 because I really would have bought myself a licence if I had to fail again – I honestly was not going to put myself through that
trauma test again.
3. I don’t order something in a restaurant if I make it at home. You would never find me ordering things like butternut soup or spaghetti or even chicken. I NEVER order chicken in a restaurant. I only ever order things that I don’t make at home e.g. a rare steak or sushi or prawns or even crayfish.
4. In my fantasy life I have A LOT of staff. I have au pairs, chefs, cleaners, nannies and a housekeeper who does shopping and meal planning. I even have a driver and a holiday planner and therapists coming to my home to treat my kids. And I live on the beach. Can you tell that (at heart) I am a lazy bum?
5. I have a secret talent. I find jobs for people. Seriously. Every single person in my life usually calls me up and emails me a cv if they are looking for work. Even friends of friends. They tell me exactly what their requirements are (area, earnings, type of position etc) and I go and hunt for them or I keep my ear to the ground and tell them who exactly to hook up with. I have a VERY high success rate (I’ll have you know that it’s 90% and I’m not even a professional recruiter doing this for a fee) and I actually LOVE doing it. Now if only I could be this successful with my own job hunt. Interestingly enough, I have never been able to help my DH find a job at any point in his life.
6. I don’t eat olives. I’m always game to try new things and acquire different tastes but I just cannot acquire this particular taste.
7. I’m really bad at recycling. We don’t have something in the area so I need to keep it together and drop it all at a point. I do it if I remember to do it. Otherwise, I just toss it all in the bin. Sometimes I feel bad about it. Mostly I don’t. I am working hard at trying to change this.
I am not going to nominate anyone for this award as the entire blogosphere seems to have been tagged already but I think that you can answer a question for me in the comments. I’ll do a follow-up post later this week on what’s going on in my head about this subject. Here’s the question:
Is this a Mommy Blog?