Well hello there.
It’s Monday, it’s nearly August and even though we’re getting closer to summer (slowly but surely) I am still managing to freeze myself in my chops!
My weekend was OK. I mostly spent it at home and on Saturday afternoon we had a braai with some friends of ours. We had a really good time with them. Don’t you just love family friend dates where the kids behave and the adults don’t need to hover all the time?
Anyway, I thought I’d do a few mini-updates for today.
1. Child2 starts at the new school on Wednesday. I finally managed to get my act together and sort out everything that he will need. I should probably tell him about it too and I will. Now-now. His teachers are very sad and the one wanted to cry when I fetched him today. I will have them talk to him tomorrow too.
2.I haven’t been feeling so hot lately. Last week my tummy was all messed up and I felt myself starting to get sick – my throat felt like it was on fire. Then on Tuesday I started to get pain and tightness in my neck. I ignored it and it spread to my shoulders. Felt like a lot of knots and was super painful. I kept checking if I could turn my neck (I am very scared of meningitis) and I could. Well. Yesterday morning I was in so much pain that I could not move out of bed. And the pain had spread to the back of my head. I freaked out a bit, took a lot of painkillers and slept all day long. In the evening the pain was about 95% gone and I could actually move again. I have slight pain today and am going to the Dr in the morning because something is not quite right. I was a very good girl and didn’t use Dr Google because really, I cannot deal with more stress at the moment.
3.I learned this weekend (after talking to my friend who also has a special boy) that sometimes Google can really be your worst enemy. I am really going to have to re-think how I take my relationship with google into the future. I also need to learn to accept that everyone responds to situations differently and that denial can go on longer for some people than for others.
4. I really need to exercise but I simply can’t fit it in even though I really want to. My DH now gets a lift to and from his workplace and so this means that I do the drop-off and pick-up of kids which means that I don’t get to exercise. I am thinking VERY hard about how to deal with this situation.
5. There is drama at my DH’s workplace (he’s not involved and is trying to stay out of it but it looks like he will have to choose a side at some point) and there is drama at my workplace. It would seem that the world is in the state that it’s in because of people and their fragile egos and lack of emotional intelligence. Quite frankly, it’s rather tiring.
6.I spent most of the weekend listening to Linkin Park and I do so want to see them! My DH is not that interested but he has no choice – he MUST come with me.
7. I watched some of the Olympic opening ceremony on Friday and I quite enjoyed it. My favourite was the part where the Queen did a “sky dive” into the stadium and of course the Mr Bean bit. I actually fell asleep and couldn’t watch it to the end.
8. I slept for most of yesterday and last night I was rather hyped up. So I watched the last few episodes of Greys season 7. I went to bed (had to force myself) at nearly 2am! Eish. As you can imagine I am feeling a bit fragile at the moment so I’m about to tuck my kids in and go to bed.
How was your weekend? Did you have a good Monday?