1. School is back on. So is routine. As lovely as the holidays were, it’s just so much nicer to have some form of order again.
2. I know it’s winter and that it’s normal for it to be cold but man oh man, I am FREEZING in the evenings! I can’t even really sit at my computer anymore. My DH sorts the kids while I make dinner and get stuff ready for the next day. Once dinner is finished we all get straight into my bed (me with Rose and my DH and the kids with their books) and we stay there until they fall asleep and my DH moves them to their own beds. Is it my imagination or is this possibly the coldest CT winter ever?
3. It’s my DH’s birthday on Friday. We are going for a quiet dinner on Friday with the kids (Child1 spoke about the Spur and I immediately told my DH that THAT is not an option) and our families will be coming over on Sunday for some cake. It’s also the first anniversary of my FIL’s passing on Sunday and he feels that this is how he wants to do things.
4. I’m having doubts about doing this challenge in October. I don’t really think that I will be ready for it (although it is realistically possible if I train hard or rather EVERY SINGLE DAY) and it’s actually going to cost me a lot of money in terms of training (I need to go for advanced swimming lessons and I have to pay to go in at Silvermine and Sunscene for other (regular) training, clothing, entrance fees and even things like contact lenses. I think that this will have to wait and that I need to find a different challenge/fitness goal.
5. I am 34 and one week old today (which reminds me – I need to post a new list!)and I marvel at how different things feel from last year. Yes, I am silently panicking about money stuff (need to fix car, pay for course, catch up with school fees etc) but for the most part I’m really happy and content. Last year this time, my FIL had just undergone bypass surgery and my DH and I were on tenterhooks and panicked and edgy and so very anxious and afraid. For as long as I live I never want to go through that kind of uncertainty again. I am sooooo grateful that it was all over within the space of one week.
6. Something tragic happened to someone I know (and have come to love dearly) and it makes me very, very, VERY angry. I’m not ready to write about it yet and I feel that I need to come to terms with this thing before I use my words destructively. Maybe I will blog about it later this week.
7. Last week when we were away, Child1 suddenly wouldn’t change his clothing in front of me. He actually ran into the bathroom to get out of his swimming costume and when I walked in he covered his bits! We are not a shy family and generally change in front of one another and I know that it was bound to happen at some point but I felt a bit weird (and almost sad) about it. He’s growing up and all! Pretty soon he will stop reaching out for my hand when we cross the road and he will be sporting hair in weird places and he will find me embarrassing. Eish. I told my DH how I felt and he just rolled his eyes. Are all men this insensitive about their wives’ feelings or is it just my DH?
8. My DH and I have talked about it and it looks like we are going camping again this year. We sooooo enjoyed it last year. I am tempted to go to the same place that we went to last year but maybe it would be nicer to experience a different place. Any ideas about where to go in CT? It can’t be on the West Coast or Hermanus (too crowded), I don’t want us to drive for more than 2.5 – 3 hours and there needs to be enough (but not too many) activities for Tween boys who may get bored. And preferably a swimming river/beach. When did you last camp and where did you go?
9. I’m going to be attending a knitting tweetup this weekend and I’m rather excited about it. I’m making my DH go with me because I don’t like driving so far by myself. Needless to say, he is not too impressed with me. Best I sweeten the deal ASAP.
10. I can’t stop stuffing my face. Can’t decide if I’m just greedy guts or if it is because it’s so cold. I prefer to think that it’s the latter reason. And I even have a pimple. ON MY NOSE! I just want to squeeze the bugger and it is taking every bit of self-control NOT to do this.
How did your Tuesday treat you? Mine was not too bad but I realised today that NBL DEFINITELY has a case of the FOMO. I suspect that all of us have a small degree of it but really, some people have it BAD!
Am off to bed with Rose now. Chat soon.