1. I am having the weirdest dreams ever! Just this past week I ended up at the wrong funeral (it was meant to be my own one) and then played the death march on the organ for some old stranger. I even had a picnic in the zoo. With a Giraffe. And I hurt my neck because that silly Giraffe didn’t want to lie down so I had stand to look at him while we were talking. Sjoe.
2. I would LOVE to see Lady Gaga. I am GAGA about Gaga (well, not her current stuff – I LOVED the Fame Monster album). BUT. My last two concert experiences were at the Grandwest Arena and this has definitely spoilt me. I LOVE that even if a concert starts at 20:00pm, I can park my vehicle at 19:45, walk in, go and buy a drink and a snack and then walk with my drink TO MY SEAT.
I have become used to an adult-crowd as opposed to a teeny-bopper crowd. I have become used to a smoke-free environment. I have become used to ALWAYS BRILLIANT acoustics. I am not quite feeling the stadium concert experience anymore. This is why I didn’t rush out to go and buy tickets today. I am going to have to think long and hard about this one. I DO know that the show is going to be spectacular.
3. Yesterday the Neuro and I discussed schooling for Child2 and we came up with a solution that I liked – a solution that was in my face all this time! I have an appointment with the school next week and I am soooo excited. I just KNOW that it is the perfect environment for him. It’s a little mainstream school and they are supporting some of her ASD kids. I will blog more about this next week once I’ve gone there and enrolled him.
4. And speaking of Child2, he is saying A LOT of words and building some BEAUTIFUL sentences. I honestly couldn’t be prouder. BUT. He is VERY cheeky or sassy or whatever they now call it these days and I’m not quite liking it. Need to find a way to deal with it.
I am hearing a lot about someone called Jayden who does ALL the wrong things. According to Child2, Jayden fights, Jayden is lude (I gather he means rude) and Jayden also makes a poo in his pants and is ‘gusting (I gather this is disgusting). I even heard tonight that Jayden says “Fuck it”. Eish. I just said,” Oh” and tried not to twitch because I didn’t want to give it any more attention than it deserved. I changed the subject VERY quickly. I didn’t get the sense that he fully understood what he was repeating. Think I must call the school to sort Jayden out. Like TOMORROW.
5. I have been following Pippie’s story with a lot of interest. I was soooo happy that her ground-breaking surgery was a success. In case you don’t know, she is a burn victim and they managed to save a small amount of skin from her groin. This skin was then grown in a lab in the US until there was enough to cover her entire body. Her PS managed to cover 90% of her body which is FANTASTIC because they thought that they would cover much less. I just LOVE when science is used for what it is intended and to improve lives. And I LOVE when people share their gifts and talents with the world. ESPECIALLY if it improves lives.
6. I am LOVING that it is cold enough for me to wear boots EVERY SINGLE DAY! I have a few pairs and I LOVE them all so wear a different pair every day – yes, I realise that this makes me sound self-indulgent.
Yesterday after our long, long outing I came home with Child2 and took them off. I slipped on my DH’s crocs (I don’t have my own pair but I’m so going to buy an el cheapo pair because they are VERY comfortable to wear around the house). We were about to leave to fetch Child1 and my DH and I decided to keep them on even though they are two sizes too big.
So Child2 comes running to me with one of my boots and says: “Julia, put on a boots!” I told him that I was fine with the crocs. He INSISTED! So I had to change into my boots. I just laughed while I was changing shoes and I kept thinking that this child clearly does not want to be seen in public with me wearing crocs. And I kept thinking about how embarrassed he will be of me when he’s a teenager.
7. I seem to be reading a number of Aussie Mummy Blogs lately. I quite like them and feel I can relate to them much more than the US ones. Is that weird? I DO still love US Mommy Blogs so please don’t hate on me or anything. OK?
That’s all from me for today. I am about to get into bed. I feel a cold coming on and am about to zap it before it starts.
How are you and how was your Tuesday?