1. Something isn’t quite right and I’m feeling a bit out of sorts. My skin (including my scalp) is dry and itching ALL THE TIME and my hair is just not behaving. My house is untidy ALL THE TIME! I think my out-of-sorts-feelings are stemming from this.
2. I don’t currently have a cleaner/helper because I’m trying to free up more cash. Even getting someone in once a week will set me back a good R800. I do all my own housework even though I hate this WAY more than cooking and changing poo nappies. Well. I’ve decided that this needs to stop. I’m going to find someone to come in at least twice a week. I cannot possibly be spending so much time cleaning up! My DH is not too impressed with the idea of someone coming in to clean our house when we are not there. Told him it’s his fault, it’s not like he’s hands-on or anything and Servant Julia is resigning. Best I inform him that he’ll be covering the costs.
3. I really need to be going to bed earlier. My plan was to start this last night but then I got distracted by the Queen’s 60th anniversary concert. Did you watch it? I rather enjoyed it. Not ALL of it but most of it. I went to bed just before midnight because I was EXHAUSTED so I missed my beloved Madness. I LOVE Madness!
3. My DH made me a peace-offering craft gift last week (
rather don’t ask what led to him having to grovel with me). He made me a cover for my kindle! I think it’s THE most beautiful Kindle cover I’ve ever seen. Hand stitched and all. He sat with it for 3 evenings and I wasn’t allowed to see what he was busy with. I am VERY impressed with this peace offering. I will do my craft post linky on Thursday and will take a pic and add it into the post.
4. And speaking of Kindles, I am LOVING my Rose SO MUCH! Who would have thought? I finished a NF book this past weekend - it’s called Live Organised (It’s really good so go and buy it!) and I’m currently reading a paper book (MWF seeks BFF) plus another book on Kindle (The Hunger Games). Paper books are for the car (reading Kindle in the car for me feels like I’m asking for a smash&grab – I tried it a few times and just COULD NOT RELAX!) and Kindle is for in the evenings in my bed. I LOVE it! In fact, everyone in my life now wants one.
5. I’m in the market for a printer. I saw one that I really liked in the Makro leaflet aka the most expensive one in the leaflet. It’s one of those scanner/copier/fax/print jobs. I told people about it and they are asking me about ink and all these other whatsits. How on earth would I know about ink if I don’t even have the printer yet? What kind of questions must I ask the sales person trying to sell me a printer? Do you have a printer? Which one do you have?
Hope you had a divine Tuesday? Mine was so-so. NBL has a complex and assumes that everyone is talking about her, Child1 is not well and I made him go and write exams today (apparently I am VERY cruel to have done that – according to my colleagues. Gosh, it’s not like he was puking or having the runs or anything!) and Child2 screamed at me earlier because he wanted to blow vuvuzela and I took it away from him and made him take a bath instead. He told his Daddy “Julia working on a nerve!” I tried not to laugh but I REALLY could not help myself.
How was your Tuesday?