1. I really wish that we could have our school year run from July to June the way the Americans do. It would mean MUCH less end-of-year overwhelm (in addition to that Christmas/NY frenzy that we usually have) and so much better on my pocket too! What do you think? Would you prefer this? Do you think it could work well in SA?
2. My DH is painting and painting and painting and he seems to get better with each piece. I LOVE that he is so inspired and he even told me the other day that he now looks at EVERYTHING (from trees to the way I wrap the sandwiches) differently – it’s like he’s picturing it on a canvas. He went out to go and buy books on improving techniques and is watching loads of internet videos and actually applying what he’s learning. IT makes SUCH a difference to his art.
I won’t mention that he gets so caught up that he forgets to help me with stuff around the house.
3. It would seem that one can’t rent a vehicle in SA without a credit card. I no longer use a credit card and I have no intention of going down that road again. Why is it difficult for people/companies to accept this? Is it weird to NOT have a credit card? I honestly didn’t think it was, because I happen to know a few people who have stopped using cc’s altogether. Is it weird that I don’t want to set myself up for MORE DEBT? I know that it doesn’t have to go that way, but I also know myself and how I got to the point where I made this decision. Why are some companies not even willing to meet you half-way? I did manage to find a reputable place where I can use a debit card but they want A LOT of holding deposit from me. Ugh. I am so annoyed about this at the moment.
4. I just came from Canal Walk now and I must say that I had a GLORIOUS time. I HATE shopping malls, especially that one. I went alone, got there at 19:30pm and did everything that I needed to do within 40 minutes. I even treated myself to a scone afterwards. There were hardly any people and I just LOVED walking up and down. Gosh, that place is rather spacious – something that I’ve never noticed before because it’s ALWAYS crowded when I go there.
5. We didn’t go and take photo’s on Saturday. I panicked about rain and lost my nerve. It’s happening within 2 weeks though (just waiting for confirmation) which I must say actually works better for me – gives me more time to put some clothing etc together AND to make a Plan B in case of rain. I was a bit annoyed with myself because the weather ended up being so lovely. But, I’m over it now.
6. My Kindle arrived last week and she is LOVELY. I spent the weekend getting to know her (it’s a girl – she’s called Rose) and even though I had to start using a touch screen again, it’s all good!
7. I was very cross with my DH this weekend when I discovered paint on my FAVOURITE outfit, my pink gown. I made him feel VERY bad and when I saw him trying to get it out, I told him to stop it and just have it already! Don’t you think he’s rude to wear my gown when he paints? What am I supposed to do with a painted gown? And it’s not as if he doesn’t have a gown of his own! I am getting a new one from him ASAP – I put one aside at a shop in CW this evening and just told him now to go and collect and pay for it. Tomorrow evening.
8. I was not so good with my earlier bedtime last week and I really felt it the entire week/end. I have loads of things to do this week but I am still going to try to go to bed earlier. Starting tomorrow. Obviously.
Well, that’s it for now. How was your Monday and what’s happening in your life?