1. I went back to WL on Saturday to face the scale for the first time in nearly 9 months. I am NOT proud of this but that nasty scale told me that I had gained back quite a bit of the weight that I lost last year. This annoys me tremendously and I just keep thinking of the money I wasted. I am so going to buy my own scale and I’m not going to care about getting obsessed with the numbers. Fact is, those numbers need to come down. Onwards and upwards.
2. I met a friend in the computer on Saturday and I had such a divine time with her and her family. She is beautiful and as fun and unassuming and down-to-earth in real life – just like on her blog. Even my DH said “they are a really nice family, we should hang out with them again”. I really hope that we can.
3. My boss had his last day on Friday. I tried not to cry. We all tried not to cry. We were all VERY sad about it and we even tried (with little success) not to cry at the little party that we had for him on Friday. But, he would like to stay in touch with me and this makes me VERY happy. New boss lady started yesterday. She is busy making our office look pretty (she cannot work in an environment that is not aesthetically appealing) and even organised me a new, fancy chair because mine was not looking so hot. So far so good.
4. I recently came to the conclusion that, for me it’s either crafting or reading. NOT both. Last month I did zero crafting and lots of reading. This past week I did a bit of crafting and not a stitch of reading. My very clever friend suggested that I read every night and then set aside one evening a week for crafting. I am so going to do this.
5. And speaking of crafting, I have not been knitting. I miss it. A lot. Think I’m going to attempt something small just to get me going again.
6. Today is day 2 of no caffeine. I am really battling with the withdrawal symptoms. Exercise helps though.
7. Child1 asked me last week what the deal was with girls and why they couldn’t make up their minds if they wanted to be your friend or not. I felt a bit sorry for him and sad too. He still has soooooo much to learn. I told him to stay away from those types of girls in the meantime. Poor kid.
8. A woman in the office announced this morning that her daughter had gotten her period last night. Her daughter is 8. We all freaked out at the idea of an EIGHT YEAR OLD getting periods. Puberty blog post to follow later this week.
9. I manage to score a free five day holiday in July at the hot springs in Montague. On my parents time share. They can’t go for an entire week (my Mom can only do two days) and so she has arranged for us to take the rest of the week. It means that I’ll be away on my birthday but it’s all good! I am giddy with excitement!
10. I found an OT who has a slot for Child2 on a Saturday morning. Isn’t that fantastic? He starts with her the weekend after Easter.
How are you? And how was your Tuesday?