1. It has been an up and down kind of week. Is there such a thing as end-of-year blues? I think I have it. Just want to zzzz…and I never thought that I would EVER hear myself say this but I am looking forward to my camping holiday because I really need some time away.
2. I have gone online every alternate evening for the past week and I think that I will keep this up. I don’t know why I never thought of doing this before! It does mean that I need to plan better (I haven’t really been commenting on any blogs – will catch up soon) but doing this has enabled me to clean my house AND relax in front of the TV! IT’s been marvellous. I’ve been rather productive around the house and it hasn’t really felt like I am working super hard or anything.
3. I won some books for Child2 on Se7en’s blog. Am rather excited. Haven’t shopped for him yet so I think this may very well be his Christmas gift. OK. Maybe I’ll add something to that.
4. I am meant to be going on leave next week. I am sooooo behind with my work and at this stage it looks like I’m going to have to go into the office on Sunday after lunch to see what I can finish. Why is it that no one can leave you alone to finish your work especially when THEY KNOW that you are going on leave?
5. I have taken a break from Christmas stuff. We’ll put up the tree on Sunday morning and I’ll continue with everything else (cards and gifts) next week. It means that some people will get cards and gifts after Christmas. Sorry for them but for the sake of my sanity it just has to be that way.
6. The person that I referred to in this post made a breakthrough and FINALLY realised that things have spiralled out of control and that he needs professional help. Seriously. It has taken a LONG, LONG time for him to reach this conclusion and I am breathing a sigh of relief.
7. My hair finally looks proper after my Brazilian blow dry. I think though that this treatment is not for all hair types. It isn’t cost-effective for me to continue to do it every 3 months or whatever so I won’t do it again. Nevertheless, I am so very grateful that I got given this as a gift – how else would I have known?
8. We had our staff function this past week at Moyo at Spier and it was really nice. For the first time EVER I went to each craft stall and studied the products. I looked at EVERYTHING and tried to figure out exactly how they did it so I can go home and do it too! I started chatting to the woman at the mosaic stall and she gave me some really nice tips and told me where I can get materials at good prices. She even gave me details of her friend who gives a mosaic class IN MY AREA! Am totally going to follow this one up.
9. I went to a bridal shower last weekend. IT was raucous and wild. I have not been to one of these in many, many years because no one close to me has gotten married for quite some time. When did you last attend a bridal shower and what exactly was the set-up?
10. It’s my parents’ wedding anniversary tomorrow. They will be married for 34 years. I am meant to be at their party AND at a wedding. Unfortunately I can’t clone myself so I’m running away from the wedding dinner (which starts at 5pm) and then will go to the anniversary dinner to have dessert. On the one hand I am looking forward to having a full Saturday, on the other hand it fills me with panic.
11. This week I had to explain Gender Dysmorphia to Child 1 as a little boy at his aftercare centre (age 7) has been diagnosed with this and has now (with the support of his family) started the process to live as a girl. I stuck to the facts and went with the “let’s-keep-it-age-appropriate-and-less-is-more” approach. I spoke about ALWAYS respecting people and their choices, whether or not you agree with them. How would you have explained this if you had been in my situation?
How has your week been?